Last night at Nutcracker rehearsal, Ms. Diane passed out an information sheet with the schedule of events for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I'm going to list it out by date and time:
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 5th COSTUME FITTING + ACT I REHEARSAL
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm: Check-in students with Ms. Diane/Lindsey at theater front doors (they are by Lex nightclub). Sign-in/out procedures are a must this year because of the large number of dancers from NDA. Parents will not be allowed backstage. Ms. Diane will be there by 2:30, but ALL dancers must be there no later than 3:00. Remember in this case, early is on-time!
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm: Costume Fitting
- Purple NDA warm-up suits
- Class leo
- Class tights
- Ballet shoes.
- Boots/shoes that they can slip OVER their ballet slippers because they will walk through the GSR's kitchens(with their potentially slippery/sticky floors) to the conference room for rehearsal.
Hair: HIGH bun for both mice and soldiers (on top of their head, about 2-3 finger-widths from their hairline).
Make-up: No make-up.
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm: Act I Rehearsal in GSR Conference Room
(See note above re: boots/shoes over ballet slippers)
6:30 pm: Pick up dancers at theater front doors and sign-out with Lindsey.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 6th FULL DRESS REHEARSAL + SHOW
11:30 am - Noon: Dress Rehearsal Please sign-in your dancer no later than noon. We want to maintain NDA's reputation of being punctual and prepared.
Food: No food is allowed backstage. Be sure to feed your dancer a high protein breakfast and remember their stomachs are no bigger than their fists, so don't overfeed them. Each dancer can have a small water bottle backstage.
- All: Purple NDA warm-up
- Mice: gray leo, pink tights and very clean, pink canvas ballet shoes.
- Soldiers: (Change as of 12/2) class leo (no halter leos) black tights and black, canvas ballet shoes.
- Cake Girls: pink tights, pink, canvas ballet shoes.
Hair: High bun (on top of their head, about 2-3 finger widths from their hairline).
- Please put regular stage make-up on their eyes:
- white eyeshadow underneath their brow (lots of white for soldiers because of how low their hat will hang)
- brown on their lids
- black eyeliner
- NO false eyelashes.
- In a bag (labeled with the dancer's name) pack:
- bright red lipstick
- lots of LONG hairpins (for mouse heads and soldier hats)
- large safety pins (the costumes will need quick adjustments).
- Ms. Diane will apply their lipstick and blush backstage.
- NO earrings, glitter or nail polish, please.
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm: Dinner Break - Sign your dancer out for dinner. Please, stay on GSR's property In the past, we've had issues with dancers not returning on time because of weather related delays on the roads.
6:00 pm: Sign-in dancers for showtime. Be sure to fix any make-up/hair prior to returning dancers. We want them to look fabulous for the show!
7:00 pm: Showtime
8:30 pm: Mice can be picked up. All dancers must be signed out. (Ms. Diane will try to find seats in the far right-hand corner along the the wall as you enter the theater or anywhere in the back where there are a few empty booths.) If you do not have tickets to the performance, please have your dancer tell Ms. Diane, and she will escort your child to the front of the theater doors during Intermission. All dancers are welcome to stay with Lindsey and watch Act II. It will be a great experience for them!
9:30 pm: All other dancers can be picked up at the theater's front doors. They must be signed out.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 7TH MATINEE
1:00 pm Call time: Please sign-in your dancer. See notes above for Food, Wear, Hair and Make-up information.
2:00 pm Showtime
4:30 pm Pick-up: Sign-out dancers. See Saturday's sign-out for more information.