A quick reminder re: Photo Day from the "What to Expect in the Recital Process" post:
- Arrive at the studio with hair neatly up and makeup done. (see makeup directions below)
- Please be at the studio 1⁄2 hour before your picture time. The photographer can’t wait, so please be on time.
- Bring water and non-messy snacks.
- No siblings, please (one parent per dancer). It gets very crowded in the studio.
- Please be patient and kind. Every dancer of every act will be photographed individually as well as with their group, and Ms. Diane makes sure they look amazing.
- Picture Day can run behind schedule, and can also catch up, so don’t count on coming late. But also try not to schedule anything within 2 hours after your time. If you're worried about time, please contact a parent (who may have dancers with an earlier call time) a few hours before your scheduled time to see what the schedule looks like, but still plan on being 1⁄2 hour early. Once the older girls start getting photographed, the schedule will catch up.
- Brown eyeshadow on the lid
- White eyeshadow below the brow
- Black eyeliner winged at the edge of the eye
- Lots of blush (the stage lights will wash out the dancer)
- Red/pink lipstick (ask teacher for their choice)
- For older grades, black false eyelashes. Younger children, please, try and apply a little mascara.
|photo courtesy of s2makeupstudio|
I found a post on s2makeupstudio with some very helpful hints for recital makeup. I know some of you may not want any makeup on your dancer, but keep in mind the harshness of the stage lights. Also, here's an excellent post on the reasons for stage makeup including: lights, sweating, bright costumes, distance between dancer and audience. This should ease your concerns.
Hair: neatly slicked back into bun with a hair net (this requirement may be changed by their teacher and is dependent on the number the dancer is in). No bangs or flyaways. Boys, please check with your teacher on hair style requirement.
No jewelry: This means no earrings, watches, necklaces, etc.
Ballet/Jazz/Tap shoes: Clean and free of marks!
Tights: No holes and clean, please.